Well, if it isn’t the very last day of the month ….
[note: yeah … I do realize that it’s actually the first day of the month currently. Basically what happened (and partially why I didn’t post last week …) is that we ripped out all the carpeting in my bedroom and everything is in boxes and a mess and I couldn’t find my laptop charger ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Which … was a serious problem. BUT I FOUND IT SO NOW I’M BACK AND GOOD TO GO HOPEFULLY]
This may come as a shock to some but Camp NaNo (and July) is officially over tomorrow. What does this mean? Many are frantically writing their hearts out to get the last 500, 1k, 2k, however many words down in their story to reach their goal for the month. Many are eating celebratory cake. So which one are you? And which one am I?
Wheeeell. I’m not currently frantically writing my heart out*, but I have no cake either**.
What DID happen for me was I started out the month okayish, then we went on quite a lot of unplanned vacations plus day trips during the first half of the month which sucked out all possible time, and then I met my new camp goal of 12k today, actually. No early goal achieving for me, I’m not that productive folks.
What I do have, though, is over 20k on Eigengrau. Which is exciting
*seeing as I’m currently writing this blog post so I’m not sure how that would work if I was …? I do not have that much skills.
**Which is a tragedy into itself
I read 15 books in July which is quite surprising and excellent even though it was one of my goals …
I wanted to take a picture but most of all of these were either ebooks or books from the library and I keep. Returning. All of my library books. Somewhat obsessively, so I have no opportunity to take pretty pictures, which is sad. I will fix this at some point!
Some noteworthy ones …:
I finally read The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore, which I’ve heard so many good things about I didn’t fall in love with it but I must have liked the last bit at of a lot
even though I can’t remember it because I rated it ★★★★☆
I also finally got to read The last book in The Nyssa Glass Series by H. L. Burke I don’t think it really help up to my standard of Nyssa Glass but it was good. ★★★★☆
Lastly (expect for all the other books, but we don’t need to mention them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) I read 3 Schwab books. Have I ever said how much I love Schwab?? Anyway, I read A Gathering of Magic, The Archived, and re-read This Savage Song.*
*I’m currently buddy reading Our Dark Duet with my buddy Padfoot and I AM INSANELY SCARED because everyone dies promptly after reading it. It’s so good tho. xD
Like I previously said, I won camp NaNo!
I mean that looks slightly sad and I couldn’t write quite a lot of days due to us LEAVING CIVILIZATION. I mean #rude* but I did it! Yeeeee
*even though it was fun …
July was an okay month for me blogging wise. Stat-wise it was really good for me, but I didn’t get out as many posts as I would have liked*. My top 3 posts were
I just realized apparently none of my graphics are actually the same size … I should probably work on that.
*Due to many things, some in my control some not …
IN THE BLOGGING WORLD …
- Forever And Everly turned 6 months and May answered some very important questions
- Daisy @ Caught Daydreaming Published?! A?! Book?! Today, on August 1st actually.
But this still counts as July news because she had a blog tour so there
- Ilsa @ A Whisper of Ink posted a VERY relatable post about awkward blogging moments (plus she just moved over to A Whisper of Ink instead of her previous blog My Bookish Life
- I discovered The Story Sponge which is a new blog but they’re so witty and like Broadway and books and The Series of Unfortunate Events, and Sherlock so I have found a kindred spirit 😛
And loads of other stuff happened probably but I either can’t remember, it was too awesome to list, or I’m not following your blog so make sure to tell me comment so I actually know you exist. 😉
And let’s wrap up my goals for last month so that July can turn into just a pleasant memory and August can ceremoniously be cast forth into the world!
- Read 15 books ✓✓ Amazing, yess
- 8 of which have to be off your TBR ✗ This was a no. I was trying so hard and I thought I only had to read 5 but it was 8 so … xD
- 2 of which have to be non-fiction to enrich your brain and all that jazz ✓✓
- 1 has to be a classic. To enrich your brain and all that jazz ✓✓
- And 6 have to be reviewed ✗
- CONQUER NANO. Which means write 30k words this month on Eigengrau ✓✗ I mean … I did NaNo but I moved my wordcount down so … ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Plan stuff on Exemplar ✗
- Wordbuild, man ✗
- Post twice weekly!! ✗✗ Failure. xD
- Get 60 followers? ✓✗ So if you look on the counter on the side it says I have 70 but THAT IS A LIE. I have 66 WordPress followers and 3 email followers, (WHICH IS AMAZING GUYS THANK YOU), and then I connected to my Twitter so I think it might have added those to which makes it say 70? But idk.
- Comment on other people’s bloggos ✓
- Get together with friends at least … 5 more times? It’s summer, mon, no excuses ✗ Apparently there are excuses. xD
- Go to the pool loads, it’s summer, mon ✗ Yeah … no.
And now we’re into August! Some stuff that’s happening …
- I’m participating in CWWC which Loren @ Let’s Be Lost is hosting. My first post will be up Thursdaaay
- Megan @ A Barefoot Gal is hosting the fifth BIBPC and you can go sign up now
- My frieeen Kellyn is having a birthday
- Voltron season 3 and part of MLP season 7 are coming to Netflix (shush, this is exciting. 😛 )
- And there’s probably loads of other stuff but I can’t think of anything that concerns me so hopefully you have a better memory than me.
I’m not actually going to make any goals for August, because I’m unsure if I’m going to keep doing a Random Ramblings monthly … Any thoughts? I might just take it down to one every three months or something like that … we shall see.
And thattt’s about everything, folks.Congrats to anyone who actually got through this post. xD I’ll be back on Thursday with my CWWC entry(!) but until then let me know what’s happening in your life!
What’s happening in August for you? Did you do Camp NaNo in July? What are you excited for? What’s your opinion on my monthly ramblings? Have you read any Schwab books? I’d love to talk to you!